Flat Roof Installation and Repair
in Ventura County, CA
The most popular choice for flat or low-slope roofs, built-up roofing is composed of multiple layers of roofing surface finished with a protective coating. The materials used can vary, but they typically include layers of a base sheet, inner ply, and finished with cap sheet or rock finish.
We provide both hot-mop and self-adhered built-up roofing installation, completing your property with a quality roof that’s built to last.
Benefits of flat built-up roofing
Built-up roofing is a common choice for both residential and commercial low-slope applications, gaining significant popularity due its affordability and durability. Whether you want roofing material employees can walk across regularly or are interested in additional waterproofing for your roof, built-up roofing is a great way to go. Some of the many benefits of built-up roofing include:
- Versatility: There is a wide range of built-up roofing options available, allowing you to select the right roofing system for your needs and your budget.
- Easy maintenance: Built-up roofing requires relatively little routine maintenance and is easy to repair when damage occurs, making it easy to get the full life out of this type of roof.
- Durability: Built-up roofing is great at withstanding harsh weather conditions and heavy roof traffic. If you have a building that has materials stored on the roof or other foot traffic, built-up roofing is a great choice for ensuring your roofing material will hold up.
- Waterproofing: If you’re worried about leaks and water damage to your property, built-up roofing can offer additional protection and peace of mind. Certain types of built-up roofing materials can provide excellent waterproofing in the event of a storm.
Built-up roofing installation
- At Ventura Roofing in Ventura County, CA, we provide quality, reliable built-up roofing installation for homes and businesses with flat or low-slope roofs. Our built-up roofing installation methods include:
- Hot mop: The hot mop roofing system has been around for years, consisting of layers of the sheet coated with hot asphalt “mopped” onto the roof. This method provides high-quality waterproofing and has been used for decades for commercial roofing or other flat or low-slope roofing applications. We can finish hot-mop built-up roofs with white, colored cap sheet, or gravel finish, depending on your preferences.
Self-adhered: Self-adhered built-up roofing is a newer method than hot mopping, but it is similarly effective for waterproofing if installed properly. In this process, a self-adhering sheet is placed down, often installed directly on the wood sheathing. There are fewer finish options with self-adhered roofs, usually either white or colored cap sheet.
If you’re in need of roofing for a commercial project or other low-slope or flat roofing project, our team at Ventura Roofing is here to help.